The Samsung Galaxy S3 users would now be able to see the update available any time on their Galaxy S3 device as Samsung has finally started sending the update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean after a few issues earlier which forced Samsung to stop the rolling out of update, although many users in Europe had already got it. It is going to be an OTA update sent to the smartphones directly when they are connected to the Internet.
The reason why Samsung had to stop the updates was not a single one, and users were seeing different issues after they had updated the S3 to the Android 4.3. During the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 earlier this year, Samsung had mentioned that they would not send the Android 4.2.2 but directly would be rolling out a major update for the Galaxy S3 and the Note II, but the 4.3 came out with the different issues such as:
- Lagging of the S3 while waking up
- Random Freezing
- Huge battery draining on normal usage
- Stuttering music playback with stock Samsung music app
- Screen freeze as soon as call is activated
- Poor RAM management
- Wi-Fi connectivity issues
- Playback issues while playing audio in car
As soon as users started reporting these issues, Samsung stopped sending it and no International device later on received it. Now, the company has started rolling it out again, and the International users of I9300 will be getting the update via the OTA option in the coming days.
The changes that are seen in the Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S3 include:
- Support for Galaxy Gear smartwatch
- New Samsung Keyboard, screen modes, new camera mode – Sound and Shot and there are new additions to the Notification Center
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- GPU drivers updated
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on Galaxy S4
- Implementation of Voice controls
- New Samsung apps like Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery and Music
- New S Voice, taken from Galaxy S4
Eager already? check out for the update by going to Settings > About > Software update in your Galaxy S3. If it doesn’t show anything there, the better option would be to wait till you officially receive it. Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 root guide.
Country: United Kingdom
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 21:02:26 +0000
Product Code: BTU
Although we did include the S3 in the Android 4.4 KitKat update list, we aren’t a hundred percent sure about it because Samsung hasn’t given an official word about it. Let us hope for it though.
Img Source: SamMobile