Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V Android Smartphone has a sleek design and great looks. It has display size of 3.7 inches with resolution of 854 x 480 pixels. It is operated on Android operating system version of 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) and also upgradable upto v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V Android Smartphone has a 5 MP camera with LED Flash at rear and a VGA camera at front.
The Smartphone has all the basic connectivity options like EDGE, GPRS, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP and USB v2.0 connectivity. It also has GPS with A-GPS support and the supported audio, video formats are MP3/WMA/WAV/eAAC+/MP4/H.264/WMV. Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V Android Smart phone is powered by a standard Li-Po 1500 mAh battery.
There are many features in Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V Android Smart phone. One such feature which we are going to discuss here is about the using your Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V as a Wi-Fi hotspot i.e., using it as wireless portable router to provide internet access to Wi-Fi enable devices.
The Android operating system by Google brings the new feature of Wi-Fi tethering to all the handset which runs on Android 2.2 (Froyo) and higher version. Some carrier locked mobile phone charge data charges whenever someone uses your network. But if you have Wi-Fi network then Wi-Fi hotspot can be a very good options. Remember that if you are using 3G then you would be charged accordingly for the whole data usage by your network users in total.
Tethering Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V as a Wi-Fi Hotspot
Tethering Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V to create it as the router is very easy. The below procedure would help you out how you would do it.
- As always you need to go to Menu and then ‘Settings’. Among the various options you need to select “Wireless & networks”. Here you can manage your wireless network like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and other settings.
- Now search out and tap on “Tethering & portable hotspot” which is the option to share your phone mobile data connections as a portable hotspot. Click OK on the confirmation.
- The next you would be provided with the option of “USB tethering” and “Portable Wi-Fi hotspot” tethering. Click on “Portable Wi-Fi hotspot”.
- After that click on “Port. Wi-Fi hotspot settings” for Wi-Fi hotspot settings.
- Click on “Configure Wi-Fi hotspot”
- It will ask you to provide the Network SSID i.e., the name of the network.
- You get your confirmation as shown on the picture above. Your Wi-Fi hotspot is ON now for usage. But to secure your Wi-Fi hotspot you need to tap on “Port. Wi-Fi hotspot settings” and then you get the option of “Configure Wi-Fi hotspot” which will prompt you for options of security like WPA2 PSK where in you would be required to provide password. Now password is required for the users to access your network.
- Limitations of Wi-Fi Hotspot in Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V Smartphone
The Wi-Fi hotspot on Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V Smartphone consumes more battery and it’s the highest power draining components. So when the Wi-Fi hotspot is ON make sure you have USB cable nearby to charge it up. Also other limitations of using it has Wi-Fi router, it has limited area of reception which is less than the normal wireless router.