Having an LG Nitro HD smartphone and bricked it? Not to worry as in the due course of this article we will be checking out the same on how you can easily unbrick with the help of a simple detailed tutorial. Please note that since the device is bricked, there is nothing to lose and you can try this procedure which we will be checking out. Its recommended that you should apply this procedure only to the devices which are LG Nitro HD and should be bricked. Bricked is the term which is used for the devices which doesn’t get turned ON even when the battery charge is left.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Though we don’t guarantee on whether the device will be unbricked or not successfully, but you can give this a try as most of the devices has got unbricked by following this article.
Procedure to Unbrick LG Nitro HD:
There are few things which will be required in the due course of this process which are mentioned below, download all of them in your computer and keep.
- Super One Click Tool,
- LG P930 Drivers,
- LG Nitro HD Firmware File,
- Small HTTP Server (shttp3.zip & www.zip),
- V10F KDZ Package,2) boot.img
- So, assuming that you have installed all the above mentioned required files, you now need to install the LG P930 drivers in your computer and then install the B2CApSetup from the folder of LG Nitro HD Firmware File. Now, you will have to Install shttp3.exe and note that you will have to select “I agree with this license, and I accept all items”, “Update entry in main menu” and “Add to startup”.
- Run the program http.exe, click the right mouse button on the top of the Small Server and select Server -> Settings
- Go to the tab HTTP, in the “TCP / IP port for HTTP server” change 80 to 9002 and at the top right click on OK. Now, unpack the www.zip in the folder C:/shttps/www and ensure that the small server software should be running or unbricking won’t be possible.
- Open with the help of notepad (as Administrator) file hosts, which is located in C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc and at the end add the following:
Save and exit
- Up next, you will have to switch the phone in the download mode. Turn Off the device if its not and then disconnect the phone connected with the computer and hold down Volume Up and connect the USB cable to the phone. Please note that you will have to Hold Volume Up rocker key until the screen shows the Download mode.
- Now, you will have to open the folder KDZ_FW_UPD_EN and run the program UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe Up next, click ont eh folder icon and Select “kdz file” and select the file V10F_00.kdz” and click on “CSE Web Upgrade Test”
- Now, you will see that a window will appear wherein you need to click on “Upgrade Start”. In the next window, you will be prompted to select the country and the language which will be used by the program.
Please note that once the firmware is update at around till 90%, you will see that the phone will be rebooting. Ensure that you are not disconnecting the phone at any cost.
- So there you go, the phone will successfully be revived and is unbricked successfully. Now, enable the USB debugging in your phone by disconnecting the phone from the computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Now, install the downloaded Super ONE Click tool in your computer and connect your phone to the computer using the Original USB cable and root the same by following the on screen instructions. Please use Super One Click 2.3.2 version as it has been tried and tested for the same.
- Once the device is rooted successfully, you need to change the device to the USB Mass Storage option and then copy the five files which you have downloaded in your computer to the computer which are boot.img, recovery.img, firmware.img, baseband.img and system.img.
- Upon copying, you then will have to press the “Win + R” in your keyboard, type in “cmd” to start the command prompt.
- In the command prompt, you will have to enter the below mentioned commands in the same order one by one,
dd if = / sdcard / boot.img of = / dev/block/mmcblk0p8
dd if = / sdcard / recovery.img of = / dev/block/mmcblk0p13
dd if = / sdcard / firmware.img of = / dev/block/mmcblk0p1
dd if = / sdcard / baseband.img of = / dev/block/mmcblk0p14
dd if = / sdcard / system.img of = / dev/block/mmcblk0p27
- Now, as soon as the command prompt finishes all the instructions mentioned above, you can now turn Off the device and then at the same time hold down the Power button and Volume Down and wait for the screen: Factory reset. Double-click on the power button, confirming our actions.
Note: Phone will start factory reset and will restart at the end.
Tip: Due to some reasons if the unbricking process gets failed or interrupted, then you need to follow the steps again.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same at the earliest. Congratulations, you have now successfully unbricked your LG Nitro HD device.