Motorola Atrix 4G comes along with the boot loader which prevents the phone from applying the third party software updates or even any other customizations, so let’s now check out on how you can unlock the Motorola Atrix 4G Bootloader easily by just following the procedure which is mentioned below. Please note that you will have to ensure that you follow each and every single instruction which is mentioned below.
Please note that its very highly recommended to follow the instructions which are mentioned below as even if you skip one single step which is mentioned below then there is a high probability that you will brick your phone. Also, you will be rejoiced that after unlocking the boot loader you will be easily able to load the official Gingerbread 2.3.3 release for your Motorola Atrix 4G.
Please note that we should not be held responsible for any damage or loss in any manner to your Motorola Atrix 4G which is unlikely if you follow the below mentioned instructions carefully. So, let’s proceed for the same. Also, it’s very important on not to interrupt the Boot loading process in the middle of the processing time as its very dangerous and also could lead to the bricking of the phone.
Pre Bootloader Unlocking instructions:
- In an unlikely event you may lose all the data which is present in your Motorola Atrix 4G, so it’s recommended to create a backup of all the data like call log, messages, applications, music, videos and other data which is present in the phone, so that you can restore the same once the rooting process is completed. Though after the boot loading process gets finished you can easily restore all the contents which you have created the back up of all the things.
- It’s very important to maintain a minimum battery power of 50% so as to facilitate the smoother rooting process or else there is a high possibility that your device may end up turning completely off in the process of rooting.
- Since the process of rooting will be taking place, all the APN settings with which you access the Internet will be wiped off completely, so ensure that you have noted all the required settings for accessing the internet so that you can configure them again back once the device gets rooted. Also, additionally ensure that you have also backed up the MMS Settings and other settings as in an unlikely event sometimes you may end up losing all the 3G Settings as well as the APN or MMS settings in the process of rooting the device.
- Last but not the least, please ensure that you are applying the below mentioned procedure only on the Motorola Atrix 4G phone and not to any other phone or else you may even end up bricking up your phone. So, let’s proceed for the instructions to root the phone.
Procedure to Unlock the Motorola Atrix 4G Bootloader:
- First up you will have to download the RSD Zip file in your phone and then you will have to turn off the device first and then press and hold the power and volume up buttons together simultaneously so that you can boot your Motorola Atrix 4G in the RSD.
- Now, as soon as the device is booted in the RSD mode, you will see that the device will be displaying the message ”Starting RSD Protocol Support” message.
- After this you will have to run the RSD Lite program and then need to click on the “…” tab next to the “Filename”. Now, browse and select the unzipped SBF tar file.
- Now, connect the device to the computer with the help of the USB cable and then let the RSD Lite recognize the device with the message “connected”.
- Now, you will have to click on the “Start button” and then wait for the phone to reboot as after that you will see that the device will be rebooting automatically on its own.
- Now, after this you will have to power off the phone and then “hold the power as well as the Volume down button simultaneously“ till the “fastboot” mode enters.
- Now, after this just release the buttons and then press the volume up key after which you will see that the message which will read “Starting Fastboot protocol support” after which just plug in the Atrix 4G into the USB port of your computer and then simply launch the “Command Prompt” in your computer.
- In the command prompt window you will have to type in the command which is shown below,
- Please note that the “administrator” keyword in the above command may vary with your computer, so set the path accordingly
- After this, you will have to type the command which is mentioned below,
fastboot oem unlock
- After this you will see that a warning message will be popping up along with the unique ID of the device after which you will have to note down the unique ID which is shown on screen and then you will have to key in the commands which are mentioned below,
fastboot oem unlock #yourdeviceID
- Now, as soon as you enter the command, you will have to reboot the Motorola Atrix 4G phone to unlock the bootloader and fix the bootloader.
That’s it you have now successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Motorola Atrix 4G Phone. Do let us know if you face any issues while performing this boot loader’s unlocking. If the device is rebooting again and again after performing or is going into the loop mode then just pull off the battery and re insert the same and then proceed to follow the instructions which are mentioned above from the start. Please note this unlocking the boot loader can be done from any version and is irrespective of country specific which means that any one from any part of the World can unlock the boot loader. Even if the device is on any other ROMs then too you can proceed to unlock the boot loader.