Honor, the sub-brand of Huawei, launched the Honor 6x smartphone earlier this year and it is definitely one of the most popular smartphones of all time. The smartphone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. However, the company has announced the rollout for the 7.0 Nougat, and it should be available very soon if not already. However, on the other hand, if you are not able to install the same or having some issues with the installation of Nougat firmware, then today we will show you how to update your Honor 6x to Nougat.
Today we will be showing you a simple working trick which you can follow to get the Nougat based EMUI 5 on your Honor 6x smartphone. Do make a note that this involves installation of only an app and it will even work on non-rooted devices too. This app will directly share the official OTA to your system update option. Since this only involves an app, the trick is very easy to follow, and you should not have any issues with this installation.
- The one and the only requirement for this is to download and install an app which will help you get through the update.
- The app which you need to be installing is called the Firmware finder, and the link for the same is given below.
- As mentioned earlier, you need to have the app installed on your Honor 6x smartphone for this to work.
- If you have installed it already, then simply tap on the icon and open the app.
- You will have to give all the necessary permissions to the app so that it can run properly.
- Now it time to turn on a couple of options from the menu. Check the screenshot given below to know which options to turn on.
- Once done, now connect your device to Wi-Fi and modify network-proxy-manual.
- You have to change this to 8080.
- Now open firmware finder and then tap on options and then tap on change model. Change it to “BLN-L21” and then tap on find update.
- You should see the EMUI 5 update there in the list.
- Select the EMUI 5 and if you have followed the process properly, then there will be an option there which help you send the firmware update to the updater.
- Once this is done, if you open the official updater app on your phone, you should see this EMUI 5 update.
- Tap to download the same and wait for it to get over.
- Once the installatio is over, you will notice that your device will reboot into the new OS.
Do make a note that the final reboot may take more time than usual since it has to setup the initial files, etc. Hence we suggest you be patient for the same. With that said, if you have any queries, then be sure to let us know by dropping a comment down below in the comment section and also be sure to stay tuned to Android Advices for more info on this.