How to Update Galaxy S II GT I9100 with Pure Look S3 Custom ROM Firmware – Video Tutorial
Design by Nature or Pure Look S3 is an all new custom ROM firmware which is made for Samsung Galaxy S II GT I9100 is here. This custom ROM firmware is built on the firmware which is dubbed as XWLPG firmware. In the process of this article, we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to install along with a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update. Please be informed that this is not an official firmware update rolled out Samsung Electronics Ltd. This all new custom ROM firmware comes with the looks of Samsung Galaxy S3 as all the icon and layout framework
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of applying this rooting process in your device. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions to the point which are mentioned in procedure.
Rooting Information: For applying this custom ROM firmware update, your Galaxy SII GT I9100 smartphone is rooted on any of the Stock Firmware version. Please be informed that once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void. The only way with which you can revoke the root access is by re applying with any of the Stock firmware update.
Core Features of Pure Look S3 Custom ROM Firmware:
- Improved Touch Sensitivity – GPU Acceleration
- WiFi tweak saving battery – Scrolling improved responsiveness
- SONY BRAVIA: Increase the quality of photos and video
- Modified Dalvik VM 180MB heap size
- The user interface rendering with GPU
- Internet connection ottimizzat – Fewer delays in calls
- Sensor Screen Delay off – Memory management improved
- Added Power Panel: Reboot – Download – Hot boot
- MicroSD Card speed 1024KB / s
- Market connections Fix Speed
- Switch-off the camera when the battery charge 0%
- Video / audio profiles 24-20Mbps/192Kbps_44100Hz
- Disabled increased volume for incoming calls
- Removal of the options for reducing noise in call
- Off SMS to MMS – no auto conversion
Let’s head to the pre requisite instructions which are mentioned below. Please ensure that you are following all the instructions so as to ensure that the update process gets finished successfully .
- Download Root Checker application from Google PLAY Store and check whether your device is rooted or not. If its not rooted, then you need to root the same with the help of corresponding article in the Galaxy S II section.
- Ensure that your Galaxy S II is having the model number as I9100 and not as I9100G from the path Settings > About Phone.
- Data in your Galaxy S II should be backed up ONLY with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup the data with the help of KIES as KIES doesn’t recognize the device in the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable USB Debugging in your device. Minimum charge left should be 60% so as to ensure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. Disable or uninstall all the security suites in your device as it interrupts the firmware up gradation process.
Let’s head to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this custom ROM firmware.