Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 users can now upgrade the firmware of their phones with the latest ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware version. This firmware is officially released by Samsung Electronics and is dubbed as ICS DDMC1 version which fixes the over-heating issue along with some bugs in camera. Samsung has dubbed this update as Value pack update which brings in the value for consumers with new minor tweaks in user interface. Fortunately, this will be the last update of ICS. Unfortunately, there won’t be any Jellybean upgrade for the device. But not to worry as in coming days we will also be coming out with the detailed tutorial on how to root the device and install the custom ROM firmwares of Jellybean 4.2.2 in your Galaxy Y Duos S6102.
Note: Applying this update won’t root / void the warranty of the device in any manner. Also, if your device is currently in custom ROM firmware, after applying with this update, the warranty can be reclaimed.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Y Duos S6102 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with the KIES or ROM Manager.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum battery charge left in your device should be a minimum of 50% so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. Also, you will need to enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Just in case if you are on any of the custom ROM firmwares, then you will have to clear the cache from the recovery mode and then proceed to the further step. You can enter the device in the recovery mode and select the options of “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” and “Clear Cache”.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy Y Duos S6102 can be entered by first turning Off the phone and then hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
Let’s proceed to the NEXT PAGE where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Guide to Update Galaxy Y Duos S6102 with Official ICS Android 4.0.4 DDMC1 Firmware:
- Download the DDMC1 Android 4.0.4 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the zip files preferably to the desktop.
- Open Odin in your computer and Turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. The Galaxy Y Duos S6102 can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” and select the tar file which you got after the extraction of firmware zip package and click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted automatically indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Please note that the whole process of firmware update may take around 4 -5 minutes. Just in case if it takes more than 8 – 10 minutes, you need to re insert the battery and retry the whole process.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section or on out Facebook / Google+ Page if you face any issues.