For all the users who are having the Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 device can now rejoice as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install the latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 based adrenaline custom ROM firmware. Unfortunately, there will be no updates by SAMSUNG for this phone anymore, so if you are expecting an ICS or a jellybean update then you will have to make use of custom ROM firmwares. To help understand you better, we have summed up a list of features, quick pre requisites along with a detailed procedure and screen captures on how this firmware looks like.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Features of Adrenaline Firmware:
- Stock XWKT7 CWM Flashable Zip
- Full deodexed
- ULTRA Lite [ Only 81mb ROM Size ! ]
- Superb Smooth and Speedy Compared To Other Stock Rom Based Custom ROM [ Bloatware Free ]
- Best Battery Life Compared To Other Stock Based Custom Rom
- Filesystem Are In EXT4 Format [ Best System Performance ]
- Disabled Journaling /system /data /cache In Default [ High Speed ]
- CF-Root b84 ex [ Overclock-able ]
- Full BLN support [ BLN Control Free Version Included In Addons Section ]
- DT A2sd Applied
- Touchwiz30 Transparent Statusbar Mod
- Smooth Scrolling Enabled
- Crt Animation Enabled
- ICS Transition Animations Enabled
- Ads Free
- Better Touchscreen Sensitivity
- Adrenaline™ CPU Control + Adrenaline Boost™ Included
– Control your CPU a breeze | Adrenaline CPU Control
– Boost your system performance | Adrenaline Boost
- Your device will have to be rooted before applying this update. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, download “Root Checker” app from PLAY Store.
- Backup all your data present in your phone with the help of below mentioned steps. It’s highly recommended that you should never backup your device with the help of “ROM Manager” as it may potentially make your device completely dead.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Just in case if your phone is not rooted, you will have to follow the below mentioned two steps so as to root the same.
Minimum battery charge left in your device should be more than 40% or else it will get turned off in the middle of firmware update.
Once you are done with all the steps mentioned above, proceed to the next page where we have summed up instructions on how to apply this firmware update.