For all those who are waiting to apply the update your Samsung Galaxy S device with the latest and Official firmware of Cyanogen Mod 9 Nightly build version, can now rejoice as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how to apply the same. This update of Cyanogen ropes in the flavor of ICS Android 4.0. Please note that this is not an official update released by Samsung Electronics and also there is no ETA on by when there will be an update of ICS for Galaxy S GT I9000 Officially which looks very impossible at least officially from Samsung.
It was the last time when we saw on how you can apply the official update of Value Pack.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Caution: This update is STRICTLY for the users of Samsung Galaxy S smartphone only, this one should not be applied by the users of any other similar smartphones.
- All the data present in your phone should be backed up as in the process of applying this update, the data might get either lost or corrupted. With the help of below mentioned steps you can easily backup the same. After updating with this release, the KIES won’t recognize the device as it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 70% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Irrespective of the current firmware you are ON, you need to ensure that you have rooted the same as this firmware can only be applied on the rooted firmwares.
Special instructions for Users on Custom ROM:
- Ensure that Voodoo Lagfix or any other Lagfix is disabled in your device which you can do the same from the recovery mode. Also, additionally from the recovery mode, in “advanced” option you need to clear the Dalvik Cache before applying this update or else it may hamper the process of firmware update process.
So, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions you can now proceed to the next page where detailed instructions on how to update with the Cyanogen Mod 9 Custom firmware release is summed up.
Let’s head to the next page where we have mentioned the detailed tutorial on how to apply the same.