How to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with NEW Value Pack XXJW4 2.3.6 Firmware
After much fuss about the Value Pack, Samsung now seems to have become serious in rolling out the same and in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install this all new Value Pack firmware which is dubbed as XXJW4 and is the Gingerbread which ropes in the 2.3.6 firmware version. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on how you can apply this update irrespective of the current firmware you are on.
As of now this update is not yet pushed via KIES officially in most of the countries but it’s expected to be pushed soon.
Caution: please note that this process should be only applied to the GT I9000 smartphone and not on any other model of Galaxy S.
- Face Unlock
- New Kernel with huge RAM (Total RAM: 364 )
- Galaxy S II ICS Lockscreen
- Photo Editor
- Built-in TouchWiz 4
- Improved Camera UI + Can capture pictures while shooting a video
- Auto-Rotation is fast – Fast switching from portrait to landscape
- Overall speed improvements
- GPU Performance slightly increased
- Some Google Apps updated
Special Instructions to Users on Custom ROM Firmware:
- If you are on any of the custom ROM firmwares, then you first need to back up all the data which you can do by following the list of pre requisites and then turn Off your device so as to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- The Galaxy S I9000 can be entered into recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
Also, you need to get into the “Advanced Settings” and clear the “Dalvik Cache” too if any along with that also disable the “Voodoo Lag fix” if installed any. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Rooting Information: Applying this update doesn’t mean that you need to root the device before & also the device will not get rooted after applying this update. Just in case if your device is rooted, after applying this update the rooting access will be revoked. We will soon come up with an all new article which will help you to Root Galaxy S GT I9000 on XXJW4 2.3.6 Firmware.
So assuming that you have followed all the above instructions mentioned above, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up the list of pre requisites you need to follow.