Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest version of Lollipop 5.0.1 Android OS that comes with the latest material design punch along with the all new fresh design. While most of the device might have still not got the update of this Lollipop 5.0.1, users can manually apply this update to the SM-N915FY / SM-N915F variants of Galaxy Note Edge. This device has been in the news for quite a while and with this update the whole experience is further delighted. This new update also fixes the issues related to WiFi and Bluetooth concerns that were the case with few users.
So let’s check out quickly on what are the quick prerequisites mentioned below after which we will be checking out the detailed guide that will zip through the detailed guide to apply this.
Note: Since this is the official firmware update and is in the beta stage, applying this update won’t void the warranty in any manner.
- Create a backup of all the data present in your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge using below-mentioned steps;
SMS – Download SMS Backup & Restore app and create the backup. Once done, transfer the backup file to your computer,
Call Log – Download Call log Backup & Restore app and create the backup. Once done, transfer the backup file to your computer,
Local Files – Transfer all the data like photos, downloads, music files, videos etc. to your computer.
- Battery level in your Galaxy Note Edge should be 50%+ or else device may get turned Off in the midst of firmware update,
- Make sure that all the required drivers are installed in your computer. Navigate to Settings> Developer Options> check the USB Debugging option.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have summed up the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note Edge with Lollipop 5.0.1 Android OS:
- Download Odin and Android 5.0.1 Android OS Package (Alternate Link 1) from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the same preferably to the desktop.
- Open Odin in your computer and then turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. In Odin, Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin and also alternatively make sure that the Re-Partition check box is ticked.
- Download Mode in Galaxy Note Edge can be entered by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Once device enters in the download mode, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable to see the ID: COM section turning Blue/ Yellow. Once done, you need to select the below mentioned files in the respective fields of Odin as shown in the below screen capture in PIT and other fields as shown below from the extracted folder.
- After selecting the files, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Now, all you need to do is to just wait for around 4 -5 minutes for the whole process to complete. Once done, the device will reboot. Once you see the start screen, you can then disconnect the device from computer.
- Navigate to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version will be mentioned as Lollipop 5.0.1 Android OS. Sometimes, it may take longer time than expected for updating the device.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues while updating the device with this latest update. Very soon we will also be coming out with the guide which will help you root the device.