How to Update Galaxy Note i717 with Latest AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Note i717 users can now breathe easy when it comes to the custom ROM firmwares as an all-new AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware version now arrives and in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can apply the same. Please be informed that this procedure can only be applied on the devices which have the model number as Galaxy Note i717 model. You can find out he model number from the path “Settings > About Phone”. For applying this update, you will have to root the device and once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void. To restore back the lost warranty, you will have to either update the device with the official firmware or stock firmware update. Alternatively, you can also unroot the device to revoke the root access. The best part of this firmware is that it’s the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update.
For your convenience, we have also summed up a detailed feature list and procedure to apply this update. Full credits to the recognized XDA Developer DAGr8 for coming up with this firmware release. Very soon we will be coming up with many more custom ROM firmwares. To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you will have to download the app called “ROM Manager” from the Google PLAY Store. Also, be informed that this is not an Official firmware version released by Samsung or Google and is a custom ROM firmware.
Features of AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Removed FB sync
- Added ability to hide sender and/or message body in notifications (Mms)
- Added CM9 T-Mobile theme manager
- Added Sense 4 style Task switcher (you have the option of choosing from stock/web os/sense 4 now)
- Added ability to play boot sound (disabled by default) — read instructions in ROM Control > General > Boot sound
- added delayed ring feature to Phone
- added Emoji to Mms (enable in Mms settings)
- added AOKP wallpapers app
- added USB tether toggle,
- added AOKP clock widgets
- added notification counters
- new boot animation
- added nav bar widgets (must add nav bar widgets button/long press button in nav bar settings and add some widgets to play with!)
- added AOKP stats (www.stats.aokp.co) — you can opt out
- added bluewall firewall – RC > General UI > Less Notification Sounds — limits the number of notification sounds an app can play per X seconds, so like 1 GTalk ping/30s, but notifications will still be coming in
- improved weather code
- added “copy to clipboard” option in “Share” dialogs throughout Android
- added hardware info in about screen
- added new music layout to lockscreen (you can choose between old and new)
- added nfc toggle
- added nfc polling settings (Settings > More > NFC polling mode)
- made lockscreen weather prettier
- fixed DRM issues
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- All the data in your Galaxy Note N7000 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually. Alternatively, you can also make use of KIES to back up all the data, but its highly recommended that you back up the data with the help of below steps so that it will be useful for future as well.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable USB Debugging Mode in your Galaxy Note i717. Also, you need to ensure that the minimum battery charge left in your phone is not less than 40% or else the phone may get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up detailed tutorial on how to apply this update in your Galaxy Note i717.