Samsung Galaxy Note N8000 device can now be updated with the Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware update and the latest release is dubbed as XXCLL6. Though we don’t have the exact change log of the changes which this new firmware comes along with new set of Jellybean wallpapers and also supports many applications which are for Jellybean OS. This new firmware comes along with more stability features and also some of the modifications have been done in Camera settings and also some of the app crashes have been fixed.
This firmware is the Official one and not the beta or custom firmware release. As of now this firmware is only available in select countries and will be rolled out in all the countries very soon. It was the last time when we saw on how you can update your Note 10.1 with XXBLJ9 but it had some issues related with Camera which has been addressed in this update. Till then you can apply with this firmware by following the below mentioned steps.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets wiped off or gets corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t create a backup of data with the help of KIES or ROM Manager as you may not be able to restore the data again.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 30% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update. Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
So, assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you now can proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update XXCLL6 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware in Galaxy Note N8000:
- Download Odin and XXCLL6 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the folders preferably to the desktop.
- Open Odin in your computer and turn Off your Galaxy Note N8000 10.1 device so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- Hold Volume Down rocker key and holding this press the Power button till you see the Warning Screen. Now, on WARNING Screen you will have to press the Volume Up key to enter the device in the download mode.
- Once your device gets in the download mode, connect your tablet to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you shall see that in Odin the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been successfully installed.
- Now, click on “PDA” tab in Odin and select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware zip file. Once selected, you need to click on “Start” for starting the process of firmware update.
- The whole process of firmware update may take about 3 -5 minutes. Once the firmware is update, your tablet will be rebooted automatically and once you see the home screen in your tablet, you can then disconnect the device from computer.
- Now, to check whether the firmware is updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Tablet” where you will get to see the firmware version as jellybean 4.1.2 XXCLL6.
Users Facing Force Close Issues:
Turn Of your Galaxy Note N8000 to enter your device in the recovery mode. In the recovery mode select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
So, there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware dubbed as XXCLL6 in your Galaxy Note N8000 10.1 Tablet. Do keep us posted in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try to address the same as soon as possible.