If you are a Samsung Galaxy S PLUS I9001 user and are feeling left out in the race of firmware updates which gets released for other Android smartphones? Not anymore as Samsung is silently pushing out the Value Pack Officially for your phone. And in the due course of this article we will guide you so that you can easily update manually even before Samsung comes out with this update. As of now we don’t have any ETA on by when this roll out will be finished Worldwide but it has just started from Switzerland. This value pack is nothing but the Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware. Since this is a boot loader free version, anyone can update with this firmware. This valus pack is dubbed as the XXKQB version.
New Features of Value Pack XXKQB for Galaxy S PLUS I9001:
- Face Unlock
- New Kernel with huge RAM (Total RAM: 364 )
- Galaxy S II ICS Lockscreen
- Photo Editor
- Built-in TouchWiz 4
- Improved Camera UI + Can capture pictures while shooting a video
- Auto-Rotation is fast – Fast switching from portrait to landscape
- Overall speed improvements
- GPU Performance slightly increased
- Some Google Apps updated
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Rooting Information: Applying this update doesn’t mean that you need to root the device before & also the device will not get rooted after applying this update. Just in case if your device is rooted, after applying this update the rooting access will be revoked. We will try our level best to come up with the rooting article separately.
Essential pre Requisites:
- All the data present in your Galaxy S PLUS I9001 should be backed up as in the process of applying this update, the data might get either lost or corrupted. With the help of below mentioned steps you can easily backup the same. After updating with this release, your PC Suite will no longer support the device as it’s in the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy S I9001 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned detailed tutorial.