While the likes of Galaxies and other smartphones are getting the Jellybean 4.3, Galaxy S2 users need not feel left out in the race of updates as being an Android user, you are blessed with the custom ROM firmwares. In the latest, an all-new custom ROM firmware has come for S2 users which allows you to make the most out of Jellybean 4.3.1 Android OS. Though, Samsung has no plans to come up with Jellybean 4.3 for Galaxy S2, you can install with the help of instruction which we will be checking out in the due course of this article.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you have created the backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps;
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Also, make sure that the battery life in your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 is not less than 40%.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Assuming that you are done with all the instructions mentioned above, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed instructions on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 with Jellybean 4.3.1 Android Firmware:
- Download the latest Jellybean 4.3.1 Android Zip Package along with the Google Apps Package. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the two zip files in your device.
- Now, from the ROM Manager app, select “Enter into Recovery Mode” for booting the device in the recovery mode or else you can also manually enter the device in the recovery mode by first turning Off the device. Recovery mode in Galaxy S GT I9100 can be entered manually by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode.
- Now, select “install zip from sd card” to choose the placed Jellybean 4.3.1 Android Zip Package and Google Apps Package. It will take around 3 – 5 minutes for applying the update. Please note that sometimes it may take more than expected time for updating the same.
- Now, once the firmware is updated, select “go back” and select “reboot system now”. To check on whether the firmware is updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” for checking the same.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. You can also leave a comment in facebook or on our Google + page of AndroidAdvices.