Procedure to Update Galaxy S II I9100G with Official ICS 4.0.3 Firmware:
- Download the ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ Update Zip from here to your computer along with the odin. Once downloaded, open Odin in your PC and then turn Off your Galaxy S II I9100G so that it can be then entered in the download mode.
- Download mode in Galaxy S II GT I9100G can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Connect your S II I9100G to the computer while keeping Odin opened, once connected you will see that the ID : COM section is turned Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been installed successfully.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” tab to select “I9100GXXLPQ_I9100GODDLP7_I9100GDDLP5_HOME.tar.md5” and once you select it, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
- As soon as the device is updated successfully, the device will be restarted. As soon as you see the home screen or language preference setting options, you can then disconnect the device and turn Off the device in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Samsung Galaxy S II I9100G can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” for clearing out all the cache data present in your device.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
Congrats, you now successfully learnt on how to apply the XXLPQ Galaxy S2 firmware in your device. Do let us know if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same in the comments section.