How to Update Galaxy S2 I9100G with Official ICS 4.0.3 ZCLP5 Firmware Update
After much discrimination, seems like Samsung has finally listened to its Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G users as ICS is finally here for the Chinese users. This firmware is dubbed as ZCLP5 firmware is the official firmware which some of the users have got and is an ICS 4.0.3 firmware version release. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the detailed instructions one has to follow so as to apply this update. Please note that this firmware release can be applied by any I9100G user, the only condition is that it should not be a network locked device.
Please note that this firmware is not yet pushed officially to all other countries and also, we don’t have any ETA on by when there will be an official update. As in when there is an official ICS update released for I9100G, we will update the same here on this site.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy SII GT I9100G which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully.
- Applying this firmware doesn’t need the device to be rooted.
- just in case if you have already rooted the device then after applying this update the rooting access will be revoked.
- We will soon be coming up with the Rooting article wherein you can root Galaxy S GT I9100G on ZCLP5 4.0.3 ICS Firmware.
Essential pre Requisites:
- Backup all your data there in your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G ONLY using the instructions which are mentioned below, don’t use KIES PC Suite to back up the data as since it’s a beta firmware, KIES won’t be recognizing the device after this update.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy SII GT I9100G from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.