How to Update Galaxy S2 with Official Android ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ Firmware
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 with XXLPQ ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware:
- Download the XXLPQ Official Update Zip Package from here to your computer along with Odin3 v1.83 and once its downloaded, extract the same in your computer.
- From extracted files, open the Odin executable file in your computer and turn Off your device so as to enter your device in the Download Mode. Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- As soon as the device gets into the download mode, connect the same to your computer with the original USB Cable while keeping the Odin opened in your computer after which you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow.
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on the below mentioned option in Odin by clicking on the corresponding tab which is “PDA”. All the files can be found in the extracted file. Once the above mentioned files are selected, you now need to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
PDA – I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_I9100XXLPQ_HOME.tar.md5
- Now, re insert the battery and enter the device in the recovery mode. To enter into the recovery mode, press Volume Up Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- In the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
That’s it congratulations, you have now successfully applied the firmware in your SAMSUNG Galaxy S2 GT I9100. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.