Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 Android Phone can now be updated with the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 Android OS with the help of Cyanogen Mod 10.2. While this is not the official firmware released by Samsung, you will get the best possible experience for your Android phone of Galaxy S3. So, before heading to the detailed procedure on how to update with this firmware update, you need to follow the list of quick pre requisites which are mentioned below;
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s recommended to not to use the KIES for taking the backup as it may not help you restore the data. Manual backup will help you restore the data at any point of time.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Minimum battery life should be 40% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
- As this is the custom ROM firmware, you will have to make sure that your device is rooted. To check on whether your device is rooted or not, download the Root Checker app from Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your phone is not rooted, you need to
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned list of quick pre requisites, you need to now proceed to the next step which will help you update the device with this Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with Cyanogen Mod 10.2 Jellybean 4.3 Android OS:
- Once Downloaded, connect your Galaxy S3 with the help of original USB cable and place this zip files in the device. Disconnect the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S3 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. In recovery mode, select options to clear and wipe the data present in your phone. In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and then choose the zip file of Jellybean 4.3 Android firmware and then the Google Apps Package which you have placed in your phone.
- Once the firmware is updated, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now”. The whole process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes and in some cases it may take more time.
- To check on whether the firmware is updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” for checking the same where you will see the current firmware version as Jellybean 4.3.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S3 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the latest Jellybean 4.3 Android OS in your Galaxy S3 which comes with advanced Jellybean features. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.