Samsung Galaxy S3 users can now rejoice as custom ROM firmware which we will be checking out comes with default Jellybean 4.2 Stock / Default apps which means that you no longer will have to install the apps separately. So, in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install the Nexus 4 styled custom ROM firmware in your Galaxy S3. Over a period of this tutorial we will be checking out on what are the quick pre requisites along with the detailed guide in the next page. This firmware comes with many added features like Beats Audio and also other music players like Apollo music player which again a great thing for all music lovers. Please note that as of now this firmware can only be applied on Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone.
Features of Codec ROM Nexus 4 Styled:
- Rooted (CF SuperSU 0.97)
- Call Record
- No SMS In Logs
- Disabled Scrolling Cache
- Extended Power Menu
- Aroma Installer (Custom Install) – Updated Aroma Installer to 2.56
- Modded Camera
- Build Prop Tweaks
- Faster GPS Fix
- 761mb rom
- 15 Toggles (Choice)
- Silent Camera
- Disabled Increasing Ringtone In Phone
- Ad Blocking
- Removed Multiple Tones (low battery, usb connection etc)
- Centered clock on statusbar or stock
- Full GPU Acceleration in UI
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all your data present in your device with the below mentioned steps manually so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup the data with the help of KIES or with other PC Suites as it may not detect the device in the custom ROM.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- For applying this update you will have to make sure that the device is rooted, to check on whether the device is rooted or not, you will have to download the Root Checker app from the PLAY Store to check the same. If your Galaxy S3 is not rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps you will have to root the device.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- Download the ROM Manager app from the Latest Google PLAY Store and install the same. Make sure that the minimum battery charge left is at least 30% or else device might just get turned off in the middle of firmware update.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.