Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 Android smartphone can now be updated with the Jellybean 4.3 Android firmware. For all those who were just waiting for updating with the same can follow the instructions mentioned in this article so as to update the same. XXUEMJ5 is the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 for International version of Galaxy S4. So, after following the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below, you can head over to the next step where we will help you to update the device.
Note: Applying this update won’t root the device / void the warranty in any manner as this is the official firmware released by Samsung Electronics.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. You can also alternatively backup the data with the help of KIES.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”, and enable the USB Debugging Mode. Minimum battery life should be more than 50%.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable for any damage happened to your device due to non-following of instructions.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, proceed to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide to update the device.
Procedure to update Galaxy S4 with Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware:
- First up, download Jellybean 4.3 Android Package and Odin in your computer. Once downloaded, extract the same to a folder on desktop and Open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your Galaxy S4 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Download Mode in Samsung Galaxy S4 can be entered by pressing Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. Just in case if your Galaxy S4 enters in the Normal mode, you will have to retry the process of entering the device into Download Mode.
- Open Odin in your computer and connect your Galaxy S4 to the computer with the help of original USB cable to see ID: COM section turn Blue which indicates that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select the firmware tar file which you got after extraction of the firmware file. Once selected, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. It will take around 4 -6 minutes for applying the update.
- You can check the current firmware version from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you can check out the current firmware version as Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated the device with the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 Android OS. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. We will very soon come up with the custom ROM firmwares for your Galaxy S4 device.