Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 users won’t be getting Offiical Jellybean 4.1 firmware but yes there will always be custom ROM firmware developers who will be at your service as there are hell lot of custom ROM firmwares which provide more than Life experience when it comes to the stock / official jellybean 4.1 firmware. So, on the similar lines today, we will be checking out on how exactly you can install your Galaxy SL I9003 with the Frankenstain firmware which is based on the Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware but comes with many advanced features which we will be checking out in the due course of this article.
Features of Frankenstain Firmware:
-Based on LF2
-First install you see stock theme, if you need Sense style, install Sense_4.zip
-Swipe to remove Notifications
-Extended Power Menu
-Disabled scroll cache
-SMS App Restrictions Removed
-14 Status Bar Toggles
-Wallpapers from Jelly Bean
-Default kernel Vurrut V9.1
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Always create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
Note: Don’t backup the data with the help of KIES or ROM Manager as it not recommended by us.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store to check whether your device is rooted or not. If your Galaxy SL I9003 is not rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps you will have to root the same with the help of below mentioned 2 steps. Your device can be on any rooted firmware.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
So once you are done with the above mentioned steps you can now proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware in your Galaxy SL I9003 smartphone.
Procedure to Update Galaxy SL I9003 with Frankenstain Firmware:
- Download the Frankenstain Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip package in your device.
- Disconnect the device and turn Off the phone so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Download the ROM Manager app from the PLAY Store and select the option of “Flash Clock Work Mod Recovery”. Once it’s done, select “reboot into recovery mode” so that the device gets into the recovery mode.
- Alternatively, you can also enter your I9003 into the recovery mode by Holding the volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button) and while holding these both keys, press the Power button for turning the device ON in the recovery mode.
- Now, in recovery mode select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Also, select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache so that all the cache data is wiped off. Once it’s done, select “install zip from sd card” and then select the Frankenstain Firmware Zip Package which you have placed in your device.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update and once it’s done, you will get to see the language selection screen and then just follow the on screen instructions to get to the home screen and enjoy the device on this latest firmware. You can check whether the firmware is updated or not from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware details will be mentioned.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the then battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.