It came as a very good news for the Elife E7 Mini users when Gionee India announced the Android KitKat update for Gionee Elife E7 mini, but as soon as it was known that this is not an OTA update, there was quite a lot users wanted to know. Whether it is easy to upgrade the version manually, or whether the service centers would charge them for updating the OS version. While it is confirmed that Gionee’s service centers won’t charge anything to update the OS to the latest version, i.e. Android KitKat 4.4.2, it isn’t possible for every user to go to the service center to get their E7 mini upgraded. The tutorial given below is for those who wanted to try updating the device manually.
It is a regular flashing method, and the first thing you need to do, is to take a backup of the phone contents before staring the procedure. The backup of SMS, Contacts, Personal files, Photos and important files has to be done, because although the data might not be lost, there is no guarantee that everything would be the same after the update.
Gionee Elife E7 Mini Android KitKat Update Instructions
Following are the files you need to download.
- E7mini_0201_T8047.part1.rar : Link
- E7mini_0201_T8047.part2.rar : Link
- E7mini_0201_T8047.part3.rar: Link
Once all the software files, tool and driver files are downloaded, you need to extract them to a folder.
The three parts have to be merged so that the single file has to be selected later.
In the Update tool folder, open “Flash_tool” app.
That would open the tool in a window looking like the one in the screenshot below.
Now, in the list of options on the right side, click on “Scatter-loading” button.
- Now select the scatter file, i.e. the MT6592_Android_scatter from the folder you extracted after downloading the software zip file.
- Once selected, click on “Firmware Upgrade” tab on the top left.
- Connect the Gionee Elife E7 Mini (switched off) using the USB cable provided by Gionee.
- It is important to note that while the update is going on, you should not disturb or try to unplug the device or it would be causing a permanent damage.
- Once the update is successfully completed, you will notice a tiny pop-up window with a green circle, and that is when you can disconnect the phone from the computer and start it to confirm.
A video of the entire procedure is being made and we will share that as soon as done, so you could check that alongside if you are in doubt about any particular step.
Please let us know if you find any issue while trying to install, and we would try to help you solve it. If not, the issue would be forwarded to the Gionee India team, to get an official solution.