Procedure to Update HTC Desire S with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware:
- Download the ICS 4.0.4 Firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to connect your phone to the computer using the original USB cable and copy this downloaded zip package in your device’s internal memory.
- Disconnect the device and turn off the device so that it can be then entered in the recovery mode via boot loader mode.
- The Boot loader mode in HTC DESIRE S can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If the Desire S boots in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the recovery mode.
- In the boot loader mode, you need to select “recovery” so as to enter into the recovery mode. Now, in the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the ICS Android 4.0.4 Zip file which is placed in the phone.
- Once you select the file, the process of firmware update will be started and it will take up to 5 minutes to finish the update. Once the update is applied, you need to select “clear cache” from the recovery mode itself so as to clear off the cache data. The need for clearing and wiping the data is necessary so as to get away with the force close errors.
- After this from the recovery mode, you need to select“++++ Go Back ++++” > “reboot system now” to reboot the phone. Please note that it will take more than normal time
So there you go, you have now successfully upgraded your Desire S with the latest ICS 4.0.4 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.