How to Update HTC Evo 3D CDMA with Leaked ICS 4.0.3 Firmware
HTC Evo 3D CDMA smartphone users too can easily update to the latest version of ICS 4.0.3 firmware. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on how you can apply this update with the help of pre requisites and a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware. Please be informed that this is not an Official firmware update and is a RUU leak version. Applying this firmware won’t root the device in any manner. As of now we don’t have any ETA on by when there will be an Official update of ICS be rolling out for Evo 3D CDMA version.
Please note that this is not for the GSM version of HTC Evo 3D phone. If you continue to apply this update in your GSM phone then it may brick the phone for which we should not be held responsible.
- Applying this firmware doesn’t root the device.
- Just in case if you have already rooted the device then after applying this update the rooting access will be revoked.
- If you want to root the device, then we will very soon be coming up with a detailed guide on how to root htc evo 3D cdma on ICS 4.0.3 firmware.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article.
Let’s head to the detailed list of essential pre requisites need to be followed below.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- In the process of this update, there are chances that the data in your HTC Evo 3D may get erased or corrupted, so it’s highly recommended to back up the data so that just in case if the data gets corrupted or erased, the same can be easily restored with the below mentioned steps. Don’t backup the data using the HTC Sync as it doesn’t support the beta firmwares.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB debugging in your HTC Evo 3D from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. USB Debugging Mode can only be enabled once you disconnect the phone from computer. USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
After following all the above mentioned steps, it’s time to head to next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this update in your HTC Evo 3D device.