Procedure to update HTC Evo Shift 4G with Cyanogen Mod 7.1 Gingerbread 2.3.7:
- First up download and install the ADB in your computer or Laptop for rooting the HTC Shift EVO 4G device to flash the Engineering Boot. Now, after this you will have to download the busybox, Superuser as well as the temporary Root folder in your computer.
- Now, just unzip the Super user as well as the temporary root package and then copy the contents along with the Busybox to the same folder which is in the path of “/Platform-tools” folder which is there in the Android SDK Folder.
- So, once you are done with the placing of the files you will now have to connect the HTC Shift EVO 4G to the computer using the USB cable which is supplied to you at the time of purchase. Make sure that the USB Debugging is enabled in the phone from the path which was mentioned in the last page.
- In your computer, open the terminal and enter in the following mentioned commands
adb push su /sdcard/
adb push Superuser.apk /sdcard/
adb push rage /data/local/tmp/
adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/
adb push root /data/local/tmp/
adb shell chmod 0755 /data/local/tmp/*
- Now, in your HTC Evo Shift 4G you will have to install the Terminal Emulator from the Android Market Place. Once you are done with its installation you will now need to proceed to open the same in your phone.
- In the terminal emulator you will have to enter the command which is mentioned below.
- Now, upon entering the command you will see that a message will be shown on the screen where in you will see that the “Forked #### Childs” logo will be shown after which you will then have to press the Menu button and select the Reset term and then the terminal emulator will get exited.
- Now, again launch the terminal emulator and then it will be force closed at first instant but you will have to again open the same and then you need to run the commands which are mentioned below.
Now, after this you will have to wait till the process is finished as after that you will have to proceed to flash the engineering boot.
Procedure to Flash the Engineering HBoot:
- First up you will have to download the Engineering HBoot from here to your computer and then you will have to unzip the same to the folder to the path of “/Platform-tools” which is there in the Android SDK Folder.
- Now, you will have to connect the HTC Evo Shift 4G to the computer with the help of the USB Cable which you have got at the time of purchase. After connecting you will have to open the terminal and need to type in the following command.
adb push hboot_eng.nb0 /data/local
- After this you need to enter another command which is mentioned below. Please note that you should enter the correct command or else you will not be able to flash the Engineering boot.
dd if=/data/local/hboot_eng.nb0 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
- Now, that’s it you have now successfully installed the Engineering HBoot in your HTC Evo Shift 4G.
Now, let’s proceed to the next page where we will see on how you can install the Custom Recovery Image.