How to Update HTC myTouch 4G with Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1 Firmware
Procedure to Update my touch 4G with Jellybean 4.1 Firmware Update:
- Download the Jellybean 4.1 Firmware Package & Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the downloaded files in your phone.
- Ensure that you are not placing the files deep into the device. Once placed, disconnect the device and turn off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Turn Off the phone so as to enter the device in the recovery mode by first entering the device into the boot loader mode. The Boot loader mode in htc my slide 4g can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Please note that just in case if the device boots up in the normal mode, you need to again try entering into the boot loader mode.
- Once you enter the device into the boot loader mode, you need to select the option “Recovery” to enter the device in the recovery mode. Now, in the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Jellybean 4.1 Zip file which you have placed in your phone followed by which you need to select the “Google Apps” zip file which you have placed in your phone.
- Upon successful completion of the update, the device will be rebooting or will land up in the recovery mode screen. If you land up in the recovery mode screen then you need to select the option of “++++ Go Back ++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
Note: Just in case if the device doesn’t boot up or say gets into the boot loop sequence, you need to long press the power button or reinsert the battery to turn off the device and retry the whole process from start.
So there you go, you have successfully installed the custom recovery image in your Xperia device. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.