How to Update LG Optimus 2x SU660 with Official Factory Firmware
LG Optimus 2x SU660 users of Korea can now be easily upgrade their devices with the latest and Official update firmware which is the default version of firmware. Since the new firmware which got released has some serious bugs like issues with HD Video recorder, SD Card mounting error etc., the older version of firmware is far better and is also stable. Not to worry as even if you are on any of the custom ROM firmwares, you can easily revert back to this build of firmware with the help of simple steps which we will be discussing in this article.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of applying this update process in your device. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions to the point which are mentioned in procedure.
Rooting Information: just in case if you wish to root the device then we will be very soon coming with an article which will guide you to root the device. Also, be informed that if your device is already pre rooted then after applying this update, the root access will get revoked and warranty can be reclaimed.
Be rest assured that at any point of time you can revert back to the new firmware Officially with the help of PC Suite tools. Also, the warranty will be intact and won’t be lost or void. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow followed by which we will be checking out a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Essential pre Requisites:
- Please note that since the data will have to be wiped Off completely, it’s better to back up all the data present in your device manually with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use PC Suite to back up the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable USB Debugging in your LG Optimus 2x SU660 from the Settings option. Ensure that battery charge left is minimum of 60% for ensuring that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. All the security as well as antivirus suites should be completely uninstalled.
- Up next you need to Download & Install the drivers for Optimus SU 660 in your computer so as to ensure that the phone is successfully connected to the computer. Also, disable / uninstall all the antivirus apps in your device or else it may interrupt the process.
- Ensure that you are on the Latest KANG’s version and not on the ICS 4.0.3 firmware version or else you will get an Error.
Now, so assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, its time now to proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide to downgrade your device with the latest firmware.
Guide to Downgrade LG Optimus 2x SU660 Firmware:
- Download the Latest ROM for SU 660 from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the same in your computer after which you will get the .fls file and other file is the .bin format.
- Assuming that you have installed the drivers in your PC, download the Smart flasher tool in your computer and run the same.
- In Smart Flasher Tool, select the ‘ROM Copy D/L’ tab. Ensure ‘Normal Mode’ is selected. Ensure ‘Erase CAL’ is NOT selected. Also, under the CP Bin select the .fls file and under the AP Bin, you need to select the .bin file which you got after extracting the firmware zip file in the first step.
- Now, turn off your LG Optimus 2x SU660, remove the battery and hold the volume down and connect the device with the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase. Once you connect the device, you will get a prompt about the firmware upgrade.
- Click on Start for starting the process of firmware upgrade, it will take around 5 – 10 minutes for the update process to get completed. It will take around 5 – 10 minutes for the whole process to get completed. Once it’s done, you will get a message reading “Download Complete” and then after 20 seconds, remove the connected USB cable.
- Now, again put the battery and turn ON your device in the normal mode. So there you go the device has been updated with the firmware successfully.
Note: if the phone enters in the boot loop sequence or if there are too many force close errors then you can either apply the firmware update again by following the instructions from the start or you can alternatively clear the cache and wipe the data from the recovery mode.
Congratulations, you have successfully applied the update of LG Optimus SU 660. Do let us know in the comments section if you face any issues as we will try to address the same as quickly as possible.