Update LG Optimus Black P970 Official ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware – Guide
LG Optimus Black P970 smartphone can now be easily installed with the latest and Official Ice Cream Sandwich, though as of now there is no official word on by when there will be an official firmware update of Jellybean, but till then you can make the most out of this update. So, before we proceed, let’s check out the detailed list of pre requisites which you need to follow so as to make sure that the firmware update happens safely. The best part is that this is the official firmware update and not the custom ROM firmware.
This firmware of ICS Android 4.0 V30B is now available for European countries – France, Italy, Baltics, Spain, Germany, Hungary, Portugal, Poland etc. So, just in case if you haven’t got it, you can apply the firmware update manually by following the below mentioned steps. There are some new updates which comes along with this firmware update;
- Gesture Features have been updated,
- Boot animation is slicked by LG,
- Blue LED is not working on the boot,
- Lock Screen Choosing option has now been enabled
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your LG Optimus Black P970 smart tablet so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
Note: Don’t create a backup of all your data with the help of ROM Manager as it may completely brick the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
So, let’s proceed to the next step wherein you can apply this firmware update in your device once you have followed all the above mentioned pre requisite instructions.
Procedure to Update LG Optimus Black P970 with ICS Android 4.0 Firmware:
- Download the KDZ File from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to open the same as it’s an executable file. Once the application is opened, set “Type” and “Phone Mode” to select the .kdz file in your computer which you have earlier downloaded.
- Once the software is launched, you need to wait for the firmware update process to get over. Please note that you will have to make sure that it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update.
- To check on whether the ICS Android 4.0 firmware has been updated or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will see that the current firmware version is ICS Android 4.0 firmware.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. We will very soon also be coming out on how you can root LG Optimus Black P970 smartphone on V30B ICS Android firmware.