How to Update Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 with ICS Android 4.0 Styled Custom ROM
Myth, no we are not talking of any myths here but “Myth” is an all new custom ROM which is being designed for Galaxy Ace S5830 smartphone. This Custom ROM firmware is mainly based on the Gingerbread 2.3.5 BUKS1 but if you have a look at the build number and the interface it’s an exact replica of the Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.1 version. In the due course of the article, we will check out on what are the features of this version. Please note that this is not an Official version of firmware which is released by Samsung Electronics.
Unfortunately, there won’t be an Official Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 firmware due to hardware limitations. So, keeping things simple, we will first check out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow after which we will head directly to the procedure to apply this ICS Android 4.0 firmware, to be precise its Android 4.0.1 version.
Features of Myth Custom ROM Firmware:
- Rooted Custom ROM Firmware,
- Apps 2 SD Feature comes pre-loaded,
- CRT Off Enabled,
- Over Scroll Glow is enabled,
- Extended Power Menu,
- Preloaded with Google Maps 5.11,
- Semi-transparent Touch Wiz,
- ICS styled icons,
- Android Market Powered with 3.3.12,
- Disabled journaling ext4,
- Comes with ICS 4,
- Comes with Styled dialer, BLN Service, Google Music,
- Custom Boot animation,
- ICS Gennie widget,
- ICS Clock Widget,
- Supports Flash 10.1, 10.2 & 10.3
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.
Screen Captures of Myth Custom ROM:
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Charge your device with the minimum of 80% so as to ensure that the battery is calibrated with which you will be able to enjoy the best of the battery life.
- It’s always better to backup all your data present in your phone because after the firmware update the data present in the device may get lost or corrupted. To keep it simple, you can make use of below mentioned tips so as to backup / restore the data.
Note: Don’t use KIES to backup as KIES won’t be detecting the phone after this update since it’s a custom ROM.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your Galaxy ACE S5830 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. After this, you need to disable / close all the tools like Firewalls, Antivirus suites as these generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
Let’s head to the procedure to apply this custom firmware in your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830.