How To Update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 with DXKJ3 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware
FLASH : Follow the tutorial to update from the below link which is the corrected and BUG FREE VERSION.
Advisory: This update is especially for all the users who are from Asia, as this is the Asian firmware version.
Samsung Galaxy Y SS5360 users can now breathe easy as we will now see in the due course of this article on how you can apply the Gingerbread 2.3.6 update in your phone. This all new firmware update is dubbed as the 2.3.6 update and this phone out of the device comes with the Gingerbread 2.3.5 firmware. The best part of this update is that to apply this, you need not root your phone. This update is the Official leaked version released by Samsung Electronics in select countries. This version of update is dubbed as DXKJ3.
This update though doesn’t come with the major changes, but comes with many performance enhancements like faster internet capability as the internet browser has been replenished, Android Market now works effortlessly even at slower internet speeds and also the user interface has tweaked a little to give higher battery life than the stock 2.3.5 Gingerbread update.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy Tab which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully.
Note: Please note that you need to apply this update only on the Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 and to not any other device.
In the due course of this article we will see on what are the pre firmware update instructions followed by the instructions to apply this firmware update.
- Applying this firmware update won’t root the phone in any manner, so the warranty stays intact.
- For updating with this firmware, it’s not a compulsion to root your phone,
- Just in case if you have already rooted the phone, then the rooting access will be revoked once you follow this process of updating the phone. To root the phone again, you will have to again root the phone.
Pre Firmware Upgrade Instructions:
- Ensure that the device is charged to a minimum of 70% so as to just make sure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of the firmware update.
- Now, after this you will have to back up the data which is there in the phone memory. Just in case if the data gets corrupted or lost, the same can be restored easily. We have listed some of the instructions with which you can backup and restore the data.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Enable the USB debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. All tools like the Antivirus, Firewall tools as well as the PC Suite should be completely closed or else there is a high probability that these tools may interrupt the process of the rooting process.
So, now let’s proceed to the next page where we will see on what is the procedure to apply the update of DXKJ3 on your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360.