For all those who are having the Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 smartphone can now enjoy one of the finest custom ROM firmwares which is dubbed as ICS Aura V1. In the process of this article we will be checking out on how to apply this update in your phone with a detailed tutorial, features of this custom ROM Firmware and also the pre requisites which you need to follow before applying this update. Please be informed that this firmware update is not an official ICS firmware and also officially there won’t be any official ICS update for the Galaxy Y from Samsung Electronics. This custom ROM comes with a host of features which are mentioned below.
Features of ICS Aura V1 Firmware:
- Based on DXKL2(testing on DDKK1)
- DSP Manager
- Auto Zipalign at Every Boot
- init.d & Busybox Support
- Sqlite3 added
- sqlite.so & ssqlite_ini.so from ICS
- (Improves Performance)
- Removed Samsung Bloatware
- added miui music player
- miui compass
- miui themed 10 analog clocks
- ics google search widget
- ZEAM launcher
Rooting Information: To update with this firmware, you will need to root your phone and once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void. The only way with which you can reclaim the lost warranty is by re applying the official firmware update.
Disclaimer: Neither developer, nor we should be held responsible just in case if any damage happens to your device in the process of rooting which is very unlikely if you follow all the instructions carefully. Just in a rare case if you come across any issues then we will try our level best to fix the same.
Caution: This update is STRICTLY for the users of Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 only, this one should not be applied by the users of any other similar smart phone devices
Essential pre Requisites:
- All the data present in your Samsung Galaxy Y should be backed up with the help of below mentioned instructions so as to ensure that all the data is safe. Just in a rare case if the data gets deleted or corrupted, the same can be easily restored easily with the help of below mentioned steps. Please don’t use KIES to backup the data as KIES doesn’t recognize the device in the custom ROM Firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy Y from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Ensure that you have disabled all the antivirus suites in your computer as these tools generally interrupt the process of firmware update.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed article on how to apply this firmware update in your Galaxy Y.