How To Update Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini with ICS Android 4.0 Alpha 2 Firmware
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini too gets the taste of Alpha ICS build and so as in the due course of this article we will check out on how you can apply the same. Recently only we saw on how you can root Xperia X10 mini, now in this article we will be requiring the rooted Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini. This is the un official version of ICS and not the official version from SONY Ericsson. This only works on the Unlocked & Rooted devices.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini.
CAUTION: This is the alpha release and most of the functionalities doesn’t work. So, we don’t recommend this to the users who are not developers.
- Audio (still buggy works when pausing song and replaying)
- List network operators
Note: Please note that this is still the Alpha version and there are many things which doesn’t work and also this will be requiring the rooted phone. Phone without rooting will not be able to accommodate this ICS firmware.
In the due course of this article, all the data which is there in your phone memory will get erased. So, backup the same using the below mentioned tips so as to safeguard your data. Please don’t backup the data using the PC Suite.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Procedure to Install ICS on Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini:
- Assuming that you have rooted your Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini, Download ICS Android 4.0 Alpha Package in your computer and then you need to move the same to your desktop so that you can locate the same easily.
- After this, connect your rooted Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini to computer using the Original USB cable which you got at the time of purchase and then copy this downloaded Zip file to your phone’s SD Card.
- Disconnect the phone and turn off the Phone so that you can then enter your phone in the recovery mode. Switch on mini pro, and as soon as the display starts keep on pressing the back key or keep on sliding your device ie. slide the screen on qwerty continously till you enter the recovery.
- Now once you enter into the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and then you will have to select the ICS Zip file which you have placed in the phone.
- After selecting the same you will have to wait for the process to get completed. As soon as the process is completed, the phone will be rebooted on its own or you need to reboot the same manually by selecting the option of “reboot system now”.
So, once the phone gets restarted you may have to enter the Google account login credentials along with the other settings. That’s it you are on the ICS build of Alpha 2, we will come with the updates as in when it arrives. Share your comments if any in the comments section below.