XXUGND1 Android version of firmware is the new offering of Jellybean 4.3 Android OS which just got released for Galaxy S3 I9300 device. While it will take a while for official Kitkat 4.4.2 Android firmware to arrive for Galaxy S3 device, till then you can install this official firmware of Jellybean 4.3 Android OS. There were few optimization issues which were addressed in this firmware which has been officially released by Samsung. So let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned brief quick pre requisites which are mentioned below before we slip into the detailed list of instructions with which you can update the device.
Note: Applying this update won’t root the device or void the warranty in any manner as this is the official firmware which got released by Samsung. This update should not be applied to the operator locked devices as it may again lock the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
All the data in your Galaxy S3 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the help of KIES tool.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy S3 I9300 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you upgrade the device with this latest version of Jellybean 4.3 firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Jellybean 4.3 XXUGND1 Android OS:
- Download Odin and XXUGND1 Android firmware package (Alternate Link) from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the firmwares in your computer.
- Turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy S3 i9300 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Connect your device to the computer using the original USB cable to see that the ID: COM section turns Blue which indicates that all the drivers have been installed in the computer.
- Now, in Odin, select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, the Re-Partition option must be checked.
- Click on “AP” to choose the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware file. Once the tar file is selected, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Please note that the whole process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes and once done, you now need to wait to see “PASS” in Odin.
- Once the firmware is applied successfully, you need to head over to the path Settings > More > About Phone where the current version of firmware will be mentioned as XXUGND1.
- If you get to see the Google Apps crashed, you need to enter the device in the recovery mode. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons to enter the device in the recovery Mode. In recovery mode, select “Clear Cache/ Wipe Data” options to clear the cache and wipe the data.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S3 I9300 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the firmware of XXUGND1 in your Galaxy S3 device. Very soon we will also be coming out with the detailed guide which will help you root the device and install the custom ROM firmwares.