Motorola Droid Razr users can now enjoy the benefit of more internal memory as you can now include your internal SD Card memory too in the internal memory. In the process of this article we will check out the same with the help of a simple tutorial. Please note that to perform this step, you need to ensure that you are on the rooted firmware. Also, once you root the device, the warranty will get void and the only way with which you can reclaim the lost warranty is by applying the official update of your Motorola Razr.
Please note that the procedure which we are talking about is not an official process released by Motorola but is a unofficial work around. Please note that this process will only work on the Rooted Motorola Droid Razr, just in case if you haven’t rooted the device, you can root the same.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Procedure to Convert External SD Card Memory into Internal Memory:
- First up you need to download the Zip package from here to your computer. After this you need to enable the USB Debugging in your phone.
- You can enable the USB Debugging in your Motorola Droid Razr from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Now, connect your phone with the computer using the original USB cable and then copy the downloaded zip file into your phone.
- You now need to boot the Droid Razr in the Clock Work Mod recovery and then you will have to select the option of “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Zip file placed in your phone.
- Once the file is selected, within 5 – 7 minutes, the whole process will be completed you will need to select “++++ Go Back ++++’ and select “reboot system now” for rebooting the phone.
Tip: Due to some reasons if the update process gets failed or interrupted, then you need to apply the update again by following the steps again from the start. Don’t forget to restore the backup which you have taken in the initial steps.
So, there you go you have now successfully turned the external sd card memory into the internal sd card memory. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.