It was months ago when Verizon had posted about an update to the Android version in the Droid DNA, but since then there has been nothing done and there was no OTA update sent. Now, they are officially bringing it to the notice that users are getting the Android 4.2.2 update with some excellent changes and additions. The update would come with a lot of additions and that is more than what Verizon had promised initially when it announced about the update a few months back.
The HTC Sense 5 is made quite better and one would be noticing a lot of interface features from the HTC One into this smartphone, which was among the best Android smartphones in 2012.
The changes that the Android 4.2.2 would bring with the Sense in this update for Droid DNA, includes:
- BlinkFeed home screen personalization with news feed, social network updates, tips and the customization options by category or news sources. It also has the Touch tile to view more details or comment on a post/update.
- Quick settings: BY dragging down the notification panel with two fingers. Toggle switch on the top right to switch between the notification screen and the quick settings panel
- Gallery: There is a new landing page and it shows photos in events view where pictures are grouped together by location and time of the photo taken.
- Video highlights feature automatically creates a 30 second video based on the clips and pictures of the event, and there are 12 themes to choose from, and options like remix to show a variety and reorder of pictures.
- Calendar: Switch between month, week, day, agenda and invite by tapping on the dropdown menu. THere is a month view enhancement for a graphical outline of the time for which any events are set, and the week view enhancement comes with the event desctiption without having to go to the detail view.
- People app includes a favorites tab for browsing the important contacts, and adding a contact from the call history is possible. There is a new Updates tab included where the Mosaic design of the Blinkfeed shows the latest updates from the contacts.
There are two different updates being sent to the Droid DNA and these would be:
Update 1: 2.08.605.1 710RD – this won’t bring much of the changes
Update 2: 3.06.605.4 – this would be the actual update bringing Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5.
These are the OTA updates so you don’t need to do much but just wait for the update to reach your device too. If at all you wanted to check for the update manually and do it:
- From the Home screen tap All apps, tap Settings.
- Tap Software update.
- Tap Check new.
- Tap DOWNLOAD to download the update.