After embarking huge support from many Android users, it’s now time for Samsung Galaxy Note users too to make use of the Paranoid custom ROM firmware which ropes in the latest jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. This firmware ropes in all the latest Google’s Jellybean 4.1.2 apps along with all the other mods of Jellybean. In previous firmwares there were issues reported for Google PLAY Store and modem which are now fixed. Very soon there will be an all new Jellybean version rolled out by Samsung which we will be checking out in the coming days to come. Paranoid custom ROM firmwares is one of the best custom ROM firmwares which has been a very popular one for other devices like nexus, Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S3 smartphones.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions carefully mentioned in this article, we should not be held responsible in any manner if your Samsung GALAXY Note N7000 doesn’t boot up or gets bricked due to not following the instructions.
As this is the custom ROM firmware, you will have to make sure that your device will have to be rooted. To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store.
All the data present in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually. Don’t back up the data with the help of KIES as it won’t detect the device in the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Also make sure that the battery life is not less than 30% so as to make use that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Assuming that you have created a backup of all the data and other steps mentioned above, you now need to head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with Paranoid custom ROM firmware:
- Download the 4.1.2 Paranoid Custom ROM Firmware Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your Galaxy Note N7000 with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your Galaxy Note. Ensure that you are not placing the zip file deep into the sub folders.
- Once the zip file is placed, disconnect the device and download the “ROM Manager” app from the PLAY Store. Please note that you should not backup the data with this app as it may brick your Galaxy Note. Now, either with the help of ROM Manager app you can enter the device in the recovery mode or with the help of below mentioned manual step you can easily enter the device in the recovery mode.
- Hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button) and while holding these both keys, press the Power button for turning the device ON in the recovery mode in your Galaxy Note.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Also, select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware.
- Up next select “install zip from sd card” to select the placed paranoid custom ROM firmware and the Google Apps Package. Once the firmware is completed, the screen will read as “install from sd card complete” after which you need to select “go back” and then “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- To check on whether the Paranoid custom ROM firmware has been updated or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will find the firmware version as jellybean 4.1.2 and Paranoid.
Note: just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congrats you have successfully updated your device with the latest Paranoid custom ROM firmware, we will very soon be coming up with the Official Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware for Galaxy Note N7000, so stay tuned for more updates.