Procedure to Root Galaxy S GT I9000 on XXJVP 2.3.4 Firmware:
- First up you will need to download XXJVP Complete Rooting which contains the Odin flash tool with which you will need to flash the device and also this package contains a CF Root XXJVP tar file which we will see in the due course of this article on how to use this in your computer.
- As soon as you download the complete rooting package, you will have to just proceed to unzip the same, please note that as soon as you proceed to unzip the same, you will have to unzip the same to the desktop so that you can easily find all of them. In the process of unzipping if you are prompted to enter the password then enter the password as “androidadvices.com” only after which the files will be extracted. You will get two files as shown in the below screen shot.
- Now, after you extract the files, you will find two files that are the tar file and also the Odin 3 v1.7. Now just open the Odin exe file after which you just need to turn your Galaxy S Off so that you can enter tour phone in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button), while holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device after which you will see the below screen as shown below,
- Now, after this you will have to connect the Galaxy S GT I9000 to the computer with the help of USB cable after entering into the download mode. Please note that after you connect the phone with the computer, the ID:COM box as shown below will turn yellow and in the message box you will see that it will show ADDED as shown in the below screen shot which means that all the required drivers have been loaded successfully and you are ready to proceed for rooting the device.
- Now, you need to click on the PDA tab and after that select the file which is named as “CF-Root-XX_JVP_AAD_RFS.tar”. Select the same and without changing any other variables, just click on the Start tab to start the rooting process. So, as soon as select the file, you will have to wait till the process is completed and don’t interrupt the process till the rooting process is completed.
- That’s it as soon as you click on the Start option, you will see that the device will be rooted successfully within 10 minutes of clicking on the Start and also after the process is finished, the device will be rebooting and also the Clock work mod recovery tool too will be inducted in your Galaxy S.
- Please note that with the help of the CWM recovery tool you can easily flash the kernels, flash the update.zip files, delete the backups, back up the ROMs, restore the backed ROMs etc. To enter into the recovery mode, first switch off the phone and then hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button), while holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. So, this provides a gateway to fulfill all the required customizations which you wish to apply on your Galaxy S. Do, let us know if there are any issues with the rooting process, if there are any then we will help you to get out of this.
You can also go through our following video for easy understanding on this rooting process.
Do, let us know if you face any issues while rooting your Galaxy S GT I9000 as we will ensure that all issues are solved.