To unleash the potential of any Android device you will have to make sure that you have rooted your Android Xoom and so does the Honey Comb 3.0 laden Android tablet Motorola Xoom will have to be rooted so that you can unlock the potential of this tablet. So, in the due course of the article let’s see on how you can easily root your Motorola Xoom easily. Basically, since there are two types of Motorola Xoom which are one is the Motorola Xoom Wi Fi edition and another one is the normal edition. So before rooting you will have to make sure that you unlock the Xoom with the boot loader and then only you need to proceed and root the device.
Ensure that you have created a backup of all the applications, sms, contacts, pictures, images , songs as well as Videos as the data will get lost completely in the due course of the rooting. So, to root your Xoom, you will have to follow the two steps as mentioned below without skipping any of the instruction.
Step 1: Procedure to Unlock the boot loader on your Xoom:
- First up you will have to ensure that you have the latest Motorola USB drivers along with the latest Android SDK installed on your computer.
- Now, after downloading and installing the tools above, you will have to open the command prompt from within the Android SDK tools folder and also make sure that you don’t select and hold the “Shift + Right Click – select “Open command window here” ”.
- Now, next up you will have to type “adb reboot bootloader”
- After this, the Xoom will be rebooting in the bootloader mode which will show “Starting fast boot protocol support”
- Now, again you will have to type in the “”fastboot OEM unlock” in the command prompt.
After entering this you will have be reading the warning on your Xoom’s screen after which you will have to press the Volume Up key to accept the notification and as soon as you accept the notification, the Xoom will be successfully unlocked and formatting of the Xoom will take place.
After unlocking the boot loader only you will have to proceed for rooting your Motorola Xoom.
Only For only WiFi Version:
- First up you will have to download this file: RootMyXOOMNOUNROOT.zip and after downloading you will have to unzip the tool and all the folders and files in the directory which is c:\Xoom
- Next up you will have to run the Xoom One Click EXE tool and follow the instructions. Read the prompts carefully after which your Xoom will be rooted successfully.
For Xoom other than only WiFi Version:
- After unlocking the bootloader first, you will have to download the XoomRoot.zip after which you will have to extract the contents into the Android SDK tools folder and again you need to make sure that you don’t select and hold the “Shift + Right Click – select “Open command window here”.
- Now, in the command prompt you will have to type, “adb reboot bootloader”, then “fastboot flash boot rootboot.img”, then type in “fastboot reboot” and then you will have to wait for the device to reboot.
- Now, after the reboot you will have to type in “adb remount” and then “adb push su /system/bin”, then “adb shell ln –s /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su” and after this type in “adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su” and after this you will see some of the options which are being shown below,
Option 1: Push Superuser.apk in adb. Type: adb push Superuser.apk /system/app
Option 2: Exit adb and download Superuser app from the market.
There you go you have now successfully rooted your Motorola Xoom successfully.
Password : androidadvices.com