Pre Upgrade instructions:
- First up, note that the firmware which is dubbed as XXKPE 2.3.3 Gingerbread release is a leak release and is KIES release of Europe. All European Galaxy Ace phones have been updated with this firmware version.
- Before proceeding to update your Samsung Galaxy Ace 5830, ensure that you have created a back-up of all the applications, contacts, sms, call log and all other important data which is present in your phone to your computer.
- Many of the users have commented that due to less battery device got turned off in the process of update, don’t let it happen as this may even sometimes brick the phone. Ensure that you have at least a battery charge of 50% as the firmware update will go smoothly.
- To avoid any sorts of data corruption in your SIM Card as well as the memory card, ensure that you keep both of these outside your phone.
- Most importantly many users have reported that the phone not being detected by the computer, then in this case you will have to ensure that the computer on which you will be connecting for the update is on the latest Windows 7 or even Windows XP / Vista with a minimum of USB 2.0 standard and also apart from this you will also will have to have the admin privileges in your computer.
- Also, ensure that all sorts of antivirus, firewalls and also the KIES PC suite is completely closed or else it will interrupt the installation process.
- Please note that updating with this firmware doesn’t mean that you have rooted your phone or lost the warranty as updating with the firmware is completely different from rooting the Samsung Galaxy Ace.
Note: Since the firmware update has been updated, all the APN Settings will be cleared. So, to access all the data services / MMS / Internet, you will have to get the Internet settings from from your Service provider.