We are back with the latest firmware update for your Samsung Galaxy S I9000. Through this update, you can experience Android Version 6.0 Marshmallow on your device. Samsung Galaxy S I9000 has been released long back and ever since the users didn’t get any official update other than upgrading to Gingerbread. So, this firmware update makes the Galaxy S users to experience the latest android version.
The update which now you are going to know about is an unofficial, and the update you get is through the Omni custom ROM. As of now, the ROM is in Alpha stage but all the main features are seem to be working which includes RIL, WiFi, Sensors, GPS, BT, Internal SD etc.
Before proceeding for the update, please make sure that it is an unofficial firmware and you can lose your device warranty after updating. We here will held no responsible in case of any damage occur to your device. So, think properly and proceed further by taking the responsibility.
You need to follow some instructions before starting the firmware update.
Pre-Requisites to Follow –
- The first thing is that, your device should have at least 80% of charging and if not, charge it so that you wouldn’t face the problem of low charging. Increase the battery life of your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 by following this guide.
- In order to update your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 to 6.0 Marshmallow, your device should be rooted and it should have custom recovery installed. Get the rooting procedure here.
- You phone should be rooted and should custom recovery in it.
- Make sure that, USB debugging mode is ON, if not follow this path to enable it. “Settings-Applications-Development-USB Debugging”.
- Also, backup all your SMS, Contacts and Call logs.
- Make sure that, all the device drivers are installed on your computer.
Once you have done with all the pre-requisites. We can move on to the actual process of updating your device.
Step by Step process to update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Step 2 – Save the zip files on to your SD card or in internal memory.
Step 3 – The update will work only on the rooted devices and the device should have custom recovery. So, check whether your device is rooted or not. If not root your Galaxy S GT I9000 and install CWM recovery from here.
Step 4 – Now, you need to boot your device into CWM recovery mode. The process to turn ON your phone into CWM mode is very simple, Press and hold Volume UP, Home button and Power key simultaneously at the same time.
Step 5 – Once your device is in CWM recovery mode, select wipe data or factory reset. This helps to clear off all your cache.
Step 6 – Next, Select ‘Install Zip-select zip file from SD card-choose your firmware package’. Now select ‘Yes’ with the help of Volume buttons. This step will take 5 to 8 minutes to install the firmware update.
Step 7 – Again, select ‘Install zip-choose Gapps zip file’ and select ‘Yes’.
That’s it, once the update is done, reboot it and you will have the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 device.