Procedure to Update HTC Evo 4G with WiMAX Powered MIUI Custom ROM:
- Assuming that you have followed all the instructions which are mentioned above, you now need to Download MIUI Custom ROM in your computer and then you need to connect the phone to the computer using the USB Cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- After connecting, you need to copy this downloaded Zip package to device’s SD card and once copied, disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your HTC Evo 4G from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Close / Uninstall all the Firewalls, Antivirus suites as these generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update. Also, after this you will have to download the HTC Sync Drivers in your phone and then you will have to install the same in your Windows based computer (Linux and Mac based systems are not compatible).
- Now, disable the fast boot from the path of “Settings > Power > Fast boot”. After this you will have to visit the website of the HTC Beta Key Generator where in you will have to click on the option of “Download for Windows” after which you will get a prompt to download the file after filling in the details like operating system, your device name, HBOOT Version and also the serial number.
- Upon entering all the details correctly, you will be getting the Beta key and now connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of your phone’s purchase. Open the Revolutionary beta application which you have downloaded from the above link after which the S Off will be gained and also the phone will gain the root access along with the custom recovery image installation successfully in your phone.
- As soon as you move the files, it’s now time to turn off the phone so that then you can enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode in the HTC EVO 4G can be entered by pressing the Volume down button and then pressing the Power button after which the recovery screen will be shown.
- After this you will have to select the option of “Install Zip from SD CARD” and “Choose zip from sd card” to select the MIUI Custom ROM followed by the Google Apps zip file which you placed in the device.
- Note: If you get an error of “E: Signature Failed” then that means that the phone is not rooted and you will have to root the phone again by following the procedure which is mentioned in the last page.
Once you finish the above process, you now need to proceed to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and select the option of “Reboot System Now” for restarting the device. So, in this way you have successfully applied the firmware of MIUI in your HTC Evo 4G device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.