The latest flagship from Samsung, the Samsung Galaxy S5 as a device has failed to impress every geek around, for a few reasons known to them, and the competitor devices Sony Xperia Z2 and HTC One M8 received the appreciation for the few features better than in the S5. The volume output of the phone’s speakers is one of the things many of its owners might not feel pleased with. For those who own the Galaxy S5, you might surely be feeling that the volume levels are too lower than expected.
But the sound levels can be increased, thanks to a mod that is available to tweak the internal system and raise the volume levels. A developer, stalli0nUK from the XDA community has build a mod to boost the volume levels of the Samsung Galaxy S5. The mods come packed in recovery flashable zip, so there is no need to put the mod manually. There are three versions of volume boost for Galaxy S5:
- Version 1: Lite – All sounds in the device are boosted by 4, where the boost is quite good and there would be no noticeable distortion of sound.
- Version 2: Medium – This is a moderate level of sound boost, where the sound levels are boosted by 5. This too doesn’t show any sound distortion, as it is just a slight increase.
- Version 3: Extra Loud – The sound gets boosted by 6. Here, some sound distortion can be noticed when the sound levels are increased to maximum.
- Version 4: Lite + Headphone Increase – Same as the Lite version, apart from the fact that headphone volume is increased slightly.
Compatibility: The mod has been tested successfully on the international Galaxy S5 LTE SM-G900F, T-Mobile, T-Mobile S5 SM-G900T, Canadian Galaxy S5 G900W8, etc. It should work on all Qualcomm models of the Galaxy S5.
Prerequisites: Following are the things you need ready before you can install this MOD on the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Samsung Galaxy S5 rooted with custom recovery like CWM/TWRP installed
Recovery Flashable Volume boost MOD – Download from the links below
Download Galaxy S5 Volume Boost Mod
Warning: Do not try the loud version of the mod to avoid audio distortion. Go with either version 1, 2 or 4.
- Volume Mod Lite: S5_Volume _Boost_Version_v1.zip
- Volume Mod Medium: S5_Volume_Boost_Vesrion_v2.zip
- Volume Mod Loud: S5_Volume_Boost_Version_v3.zip
- Volume Mod Lite Speaker+Headphone: S5_Volume_Boost_Version_v4.zip
- Restore Stock Volume: S5_Volume_RESTORE.zip
How to Install Volume Boost Mod
How to install:
- First, take a backup of the current ROM before proceeding with the below steps
- Download the mod file from the links above, and then copy the zip to phone
- Reboot the Galaxy S5 into CWM/TWRP recovery mode. You can do that by turning the phone off, then press and hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons together for 4-5 seconds
- In the recovery mode, Use the Install option, navigate to the volume mod Zip file and select it
- Confirm the installation and wait till it is installed
- Finally, reboot the phone using the Reboot system option
Thank the developer who was able to make this MOD which helps in getting things done, and increasing the volume levels without having to do much.