If you are still thinking that installing Cyanogen Mod custom ROM firmware is a jargon filled process then you no longer have to think about it. In the due course of this article we will guide you on how you can install the latest version of Cyanogen Mod custom ROM firmware in your device. So let’s check out on what are the quick pre requisites you need to follow before we slip into the detailed guide which will help you install the cyanogen mod firmware.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Irrespective of the device you are having, if you want to install the Cyanogen Mod firmware, you need to manually backup all the data present in your device with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the KIES or any other tools.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 50% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
- For applying this Cyanogen Mod, you need to make sure that your device is rooted which can be checked with the ROOT Checker App which can be downloaded fro Google PLAY Store.
Let’s proceed to next step where we have detailed the instructions with which you can apply this update of Cyanogen Mod firmware.
Procedure to Update Cyanogen Mod Firmware in any Android Phone:
- Download the Cyanogen Mod installer from here to your computer. Once downloaded, open the same in your computer and follow the on screen instructions to install the same.
- Once downloaded, it will be updating the installer by downloading the core files from Cyanogen Mod server using internet. So make sure that your computer has the internet connectivity.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and software for the device will automatically be downloaded in the computer and then the same will be applied in the device.
- In the installed Windows client, click on the “Install” button once you’ve backed up your files as shown in the below screen capture. The client will automatically download the latest version of Cyanogen Mod firmware.
Note: If at all your device gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.