For all those users who are awaiting the launch of SONY Xperia Z smartphone can now resilience their wait temporarily as in the due course of this article we will be telling you a way out wherein you can actually replicate your device to function as that of SONY Xperia Z. SONY Xperia Z smartphone comes with an awesome launcher which is so fluidic that even if you have World’s smartest smartphone that is Galaxy Note II or the Samsung Galaxy SIII, you will crave for installing this launcher in your device.
Note: Though this works on most of the devices, we have tested this only on Galaxy S2, S3, Note2 and on Galaxy S GT I9000 devices, but it should work in most of the rooted smartphones.
So before we proceed to let you know on how exactly you can install this one in your phone, you will now need to ensure that your phone is rooted as this workaround only works on the devices which are rooted Note II or Galaxy SIII. To check whether the device is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check on whether your device is rooted or not. Just in case if your device is not rooted, you will need to root the same with the help of below mentioned steps for S3, for remaining phones, you can head over to their respective categories on www.androidadvices.com
Features of SONY Xperia Z Launcher:
- Xperia Clock Widgets
- Xperia Weather Widget
- Xperia Recent calls Widget
- Xperia On\Off Tools Widget
- Sony Notes app & its widget
- Xperia Z Home
For Samsung Galaxy SIII:
Tutorial to Install Official SONY Xperia Z Launcher in Android Smartphones:
- Once your phone is rooted, you now need to download the Xperia Z Launcher Package in your computer and then connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable so that the zip file can be placed in the phone.
- Now, disconnect the device from computer and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. You can also enter your phone in the recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app which too can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store.
- Select “Reboot into Recovery Mode” option in the “ROM MANAGER” app for entering the device in the recovery mode. So, once the device gets into the recovery mode, you will now need to select the option of “install zip from sd card” to select “Xperia Z Launcher Zip Package”. Once the file is installed successfully, you now need to select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- Now, once the device gets turned ON, you need to press the Menu button to select the SONY Xperia Z Launcher. So, there you go, you can now feel that you are using Xperia Z smartphone, not via device though but with the help of this launcher.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do leave a comment just in case if you come across with any of the other bugs in this build which is very unlikely in the comments section below.