Samsung Galaxy GRAND I9082 Android smartphone can now be updated with the XPERIA Z looking custom ROM firmware which comes with the Jellybean 4.2.2 Android OS. So before we proceed on to check on what are the instructions you need to follow for updating, you will have to follow the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below. This custom ROM firmware ropes in almost all the features of XPERIA Z in your Galaxy GRAND giving you an unmatched SONY experience.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy GRAND Android smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you are creating the backup with the help of below mentioned steps ONLY and not with the help of KIES as it may not detect the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy GRAND so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Make sure that minimum charge left in your phone is 50% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update increases which may even brick your Galaxy GRAND.
- Before proceeding, make sure that your device is rooted. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your phone is not rooted, root the same with the help of below mentioned steps.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Once rooted, proceed on to next page where we have summed up the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy GRAND with Jellybean 4.2.2 XPERIA Z Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.2.2 Custom ROM Firmware for XPERIA Z from here to your computer. Once downloaded, place the zip file in your Galaxy GRAND and disconnect the same.
- Now, turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Galaxy GRAND can be entered into the recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Alternatively, you can also enter the recovery mode with the help of “ROM Manager” app. In recovery mode, select corresponding options to clear and wipe the data present in your phone.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and then choose the zip file of XPERIA Z ROM Firmware Zip Package which you have placed in your phone. Now, once the firmware is updated, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now”.
- Please note that it might take 3 -4 minutes for applying the update. Once the update is applied and once you see the home screen in your device, you can disconnect the device from computer.
- To check on whether the firmware is applied successfully or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version will be mentioned as XPERIA Z 4.2.2 Jellybean firmware.
Note: If at all your Galaxy GRAND DUOS smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the firmware update of XPERIA Z in your Galaxy GRAND smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.