Samsung Galaxy S5 mini Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest version of Kitkat 4.4.2 which is dubbed as XXU1ANG1. This new firmware comes with the almost all security fixes. While there are tons of new options which have been included in the 4.4.4 Android OS, it seems like many manufacturers are still going slow in adopting the Kitkat 4.4.3 and Kitkat 4.4.4 Android OS. This new update mainly fixes the camera issues along with some of the crash issues. Recently, Samsung has updated “Samsung Apps” to “Galaxy Apps” which is still not replaced in this update. You can manually update the Samsung Apps to the Galaxy Apps.
Some of the stock apps have been removed and also the RAM usage has been improved in this version. Make sure that your device is G800 as thi update is only available for this device. So let’s check out on how you can apply this update manually in your device.
Disclaimer: We should be held liable or responsible in any manner for damage happened to your device due to non-fulfilling of mentioned instructions in this article.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Make sure that your device has 50% battery life and enable USB Debugging Mode.
- Backup all necessary data like SMS, Call Log, Internet Settings etc. using necessary apps and then transfer the same to your computer so that the same can be restored once the firmware is updated.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S5 mini with XXU1ANG1 Kitkat 4.4.2:
- Download the XXU1ANG1 Firmware zip package and then Odin in your computer. Once downloaded, unzip the same in your computer and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your Galaxy S5 mini so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy S4 I9500 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Once your device enters in the Download mode, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable Once connected, you will then see that the ID:COM section will turn yellow / blue depending upon the Odin.
- Click on “AP” / “PDA” to select the firmware tar file and then click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once the firmware is updated, device will be rebooted.
- It will take around 3 – 5 minutes for the device to get rebooted as it prepares the system for installing the apps. Once done, you will see the home screen and this is when you need to disconnect the device from computer.
- Head over to the path “Settings > More > About Phone” to check on whether the firmware is updated with the version detail as XXU1ANG1.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your device with the latest version of Kitkat 4.4.2 version of firmware. Let us know in your comments section just in case if you face any issues.