Procedure to Update HTC One X with Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware:
- Download the Cyanogen mod 10.1 RC2 Jellybean 4.2.2 and Goggle Apps Package in your computer and connect your device to the computer.
- Place the two zip files in your HTC One X smartphone and disconnect the device from computer.
- You can enter the device in the recovery mode, either with the help of ROM Manager or manually. Recovery Mode in HTC One X can be manually entered by pressing the Volume Down + Power button and then select the option of Recovery to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery, select the option of “install zip from sd card” and then the file which you have placed in your phone. Once you have selected the file, it will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update.
- Once the update is applied successfully, select “go back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just long press the Power button and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So, there you go you have now successfully applied the Cyanogen Mod 10.1 RC2 firmware in your HTC One X smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process. We will come out with more updates for HTC One X smartphone.