SONY Xperia S smartphone can now be updated with the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware which is dubbed as “6.2.A.0.200” and comes with the host of new features which includes the list of things which we have mentioned below. Though, it is still unknown on whether by when the latest Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware will be pushed to the device, there are many custom ROM firmwares which will be coming up very shortly based on the jellybean 4.2.2 firmware.
Note: This is the Official firmware released by SONY and not a custom or beta firmware.
Change Log of 6.2.A.0.200:
- An all-new Sony media experience with the new WALKMAN application, the Album application and the Movies application
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets (improved personalization)
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
Procedure to Update SONY Xperia S with “6.2.A.0.200” Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Before proceeding, make sure that you have checked the current firmware version with the help of below mentioned path;
Settings -> About phone -> Build number / version
- Now, proceed to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update manually.
- Make sure that you have created the backup of all the data with the help of PC Companion which you can download it from here.
- Once you have installed the PC Companion, you need to open the same and connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and follow the on screen instructions for applying the update.
- Now, the firmware will be downloaded and then the same will be applied. Once the firmware is applied successfully, the device will be rebooted.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to sort out the same at the earliest.