Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 can now be upgraded with the latest version of Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS which comes with the reliability update fixes along with the tons of other bug fixes. So just in case if you are on any of the custom ROM firmwares or would like to update with the latest stock / factory firmware, then this would help you do so. This new update dubbed as XXUBNH6 has been released in India and can be applied to all the devices which are unlocked devices. The best part is that this one comes with additional fixes as well which makes your device much faster than ever. We have also mentioned the detailed change log of the firmware below;
This new update comes with the below mentioned optimizations;
- Increased Free RAM,
- Optimized with Reliability fixes,
- New Touch Wiz UI compared to earlier version,
- Update Samsung Apps and other apps,
- General Bug fixes
Now, once you have checked out the detailed list of things which are new in this update, let’s head over to the quick pre requisites below which will lead to trouble free firmware update process.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data present including SMS, Call Log, Internet Settings, pictures etc with the help of apps like SMS Backup and Restore, Call Log Backup and Restore. Once backed up, copy the backup files to your computer.
- Battery level in your Galaxy Grand 2 Duos should be 50%+ or else your device might get turn Off in the middle of firmware update,
- Make sure that all the required drivers are installed in your computer so that your device can be connected to the computer without any hassle.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you apply this update in your device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Grand 2 with Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS:
- Once downloaded, extract the same and open odin in your computer preferably to your desktop. Right click on the file to check for “Unblock” option, if found click on the same to unblock it.
- Turn Off your Galaxy Grand 2 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. You will see a green robot in the Download Mode.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable. Once connected, ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow / Green depending upon the Odin version. If you don’t see ID: COM section turn some other color, then you need to install the drivers from Samsung’s Official website.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you have got after extracting the firmware package.
- Once you select the tar file, you need to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Firmware update process will take around 3 -4 minutes and once updated, you will then have to wait for the device to reboot.
- Once the device is rebooted, you now need to then check the firmware version from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will see that the firmware version is XXUBNH6 Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will be more than happy to help you out. In the next article we will check out on how you can root the device so that you can further optimize your device to the fullest potential.